4 Mold Facts You Might Not Know

Do you or your family members experience sensitivity to exposure to mold? If yes, then it is past time for you to address the mold issue in your home. It’s easy to shut a cabinet or forget about the basement mold with “out of sight – out of mind” mentality, but when a member of your families health is in jeopardy there is no time for hiding. If you don’t know already, mold can be harmful! Read on for 4 mold facts you might not know.

  1. Mold can make you SICK! That’s right, mold can cause health problems especially in children. In fact, some studies link mold exposure to asthma in children. If that doesn’t make you want to jump into action now on your mold problem, we don’t know what will.
  2. Mold grows FAST! Depending on the amount of moisture and surface type it can spread rapidly. In our experience, we’ve seen mold travel across a ceiling in just 2 days after a water event in a home. This is why it’s important to act quickly.
  3. Mold is hard to KILL! No, bleach doesn’t always do the trick. Most times, a specialized abatement team is required to remove Mold. The crew will use plastic sheeting, mold-retardant paint and specialized Mold removal equipment to get rid of it.
  4. Mold means more ISSUES! Sorry to say it, but where there is mold, there is a moisture issue. Generally, mold doesn’t just show up without moisture, your home may have a water leak, moisture issue or other damage which is creating a breeding ground for mold. Ask a mold assessor to show you around the house and point out the areas of concern.

While of course, it’s possible to correct a minor mold problem yourself, always contact Licensed Mold Assessor for large outbreaks or if your home has suffered significant water intrusion from a leak or flooding.Your health, your home, and your family deserve it! Contact us today for your assessment.

Comments for this post are closed.