Mold Vacation Home

Does Your Vacation House Have Mold?

Like many in the NY/NJ area, people are starting to pack up and head to the beach as summer begins. Whether you’ve driven down the shore, or you’re headed to the Hamptons, be on the lookout for Mold. If you’re greeted by mildew or musty odor upon entry into your vacation home, there’s a good chance you’re dealing with some excess moisture, high humidity, or some sort of leak in the home. If you find yourself in this situation, here’s what you do.

What to do?

  1. Open your windows and air out the home
  2. Turn on your dehumidifier and allow it to go to work clearing the humidity
  3. If you see visible mold, on surfaces, walls, etc and it’s in a small area, wipe clean
  4. Contact owners (if you’re renting) immediately to report an issue
  5. Contact Mold Inspector (if you own) immediately to assess the situation

Your mold inspector is able to tell if the mold in your vacation home is toxic or not by administering some tests in your home. Once a report is available your mold inspector will help you to follow the next step in remediation.

We hope that you’ll get out and enjoy what summer has to offer this year, although it will be different. Enjoy your time away at your vacation homes!

Comments for this post are closed.