Spring is an exciting time of celebration that the long winter has passed. Many homeowners take spring as a time for cleaning, organizing and getting their home and yards together to enjoy for the summer. One thing you should pay attention to this spring is the presence of mold and preventing its growth. Taking the right precautions now can save you down the line. Here are our spring tips for preventing mold.
Spring Tips for Preventing Mold:
- Clean out air conditioners. Drip pans from your air conditioner can collect moisture. Make sure to clean this out and remove any standing water from the area.
- Fix water leaks. If you have areas of leaking in the home, from plumbing fixtures or cracks in the roof, spring is the time to attack these repairs. This will prevent water from seeping into your home and creating breeding grounds for mold.
- Check your Humidity Leve. Keep humidity levels in your home below 60%. As the temperature changes, the indoor humidity will change too. Be sure to install a humidity detector so that you always know what your levels are.
- Clean out your gutters. Keeping your gutters clear and in good working order will prevent the collection of stagnant water which contributes to mold growth along with the organic materials of leaves etc that collect in gutters.
- Keep windows clear of condensation. If you see condensation on windows, pipes or walls it is best to keep them wiped down and dry to prevent mold growth.
If you have discovered a mold issue in your home it is best to have a mold inspection to determine the extent of the mold growth. A certified mold inspector can help you to determine what type of mold growth you have, if it is harmful, and if you can remove it yourself or if professional removal is required. Contact HNST Mold Inspections if you find mold in your home and follow our sprint tips for preventing mold.